The Mansion: Schedule and Accommodation
"The privilege of feeling at home everywhere belongs only to kings, wolves and robbers." (Honoré de Balzac)
Respect the villa, the furnishings, the props
Playing in a prestigious historical location is a privilege that also entails some proper responsibilities, therefore we expect all players to show care and respect toward the original environments and furnishings. In the mansion there will also be props, often valuable or antique, brought by our set designers to increase the aesthetic and historical pleasure of the larp experience.
All objects and décors, whether authentic or well-finished props, must be treated with extreme respect, handled with care and must not be moved from their locations. Do not disassemble paintings, do not mix up the shelves of the library, do not steal the silverware. If you have any doubts, ask the Scullions, which are Staff members.
Villa Agazzotti is a lavish nineteenth-century mansion that preserves the authenticity of the spaces and the splendor of the antique furnishing. It is surrounded by a park, site of centuries-old trees, that houses a small private chapel. It is located in Formigine, in the province of Modena.
Unfortunately the location, as most of the historical buildings in Italy that are not museums, is not suited for wheelchairs or people with reduced mobility.
Schedule and Events
- Arrival at Villa Aggazzotti by 19.00 on Friday. Accommodation, registration and formalities until 20:30, time until which off-game refreshments will be available to players . Workshop from 20:30 to 22:00.
- Keystone is a larp divided into “acts” alternated with breaks (to sleep, to rest, to freshen up and to pretty yourself up). The four acts are: Friday evening, Saturday afternoon, Saturday night, Sunday afternoon, in detail:
I Act: Fri. 22:00 - 2:00 "The Curious Misunderstanding”
II Act: Sat. 13:00 - 17:30 "The Silken Ladder"
III Act: Sat. 21:30 - 03:30 "The Masks"
IV Act: Sun. 12:00 - 16:00 "The Touchstone”
- 16:00 - 19:00 setting up (for helpers); arrival at Villa Aggazzotti
- 19:00 - 20:30 everyone in costume and welcome off-game refreshments
- 20:30 - 22:00 larp workshop: explanations and preparatory activities
- 22:00 - 02:00 I Act: The Curious Misunderstanding. In-game light meal
- 03:00 - 09:30 Time to rest! Everyone asleep, making noises is strictly forbidden.
- 10:00 Wake up
- 10:00 - 11:00 Off-game Italian breakfast
- 12:00 Everyone in costume, get ready for the time-in
- 13:00 - 17:30 II Act: The Silken Ladder. In-game lunch: pic nic
- 18:30 - 19:00 Off-game snack
- 20:30 - 21:30 Workshop (in costume) for everyone: dancing exercises.
- 21:30 - 03:30 III Act: The Masks. In-game dinner
- 03:30 - 09:30 Time to rest! Everyone asleep, making noises is strictly forbidden.
- 10:00 Wake up
- 10:00 - 11:00 Off-game italian breakfast
- 11:30 Everyone in costume, get ready for the time-in
- 12:00 - 16:00 IV Act: The Touchstone. In-game brunch
- 16:00 - 17:30 After-larp party and goodbyes
- 17:00 - 20:00 Disassembling (for helpers)
Can I arrive on Thursday evening? Can I leave on Monday morning?
Yes, there will be this option to help those who come from afar. We will publish the details later.
"A cook is a man with a can opener, a chef is an artist." (Escoffier)
The ticket includes all meals and beverages, both those in-game and those between acts, and, in addiction, off-game refreshments before the game and during the after-larp party.
It is not necessary to bring your own food or alcohol to be consumed during the event, but if you care to pull out during the larp “your Hors d'Age brandy”, “your favourite Madeleines” or any other gastronomic extravagance your imagination will suggest… Do it! Just be careful to consume in-game only historically appropriate food and beverages, into containers without modern parts.
For example, modern wines are absolutely fine, but the labels must be removed; in the same way, bonbons and candied fruits are perfectly suitable, provided that they are served on plates and trays. In conclusion: every anachronism is banned during Keystone! Make sure of respect this rule and, if in doubt, ask the Staff before the larp.
A part of the food will be prepared and served in-game by DOWNSTAIRS characters, supported by the Staff: staff members will cook and oversee meals, while servants will set the table, serve the courses, retrieve dirty dishes.
We don’t want to disclose the details of the menu yet, we just anticipate that the meals will be prepared with seasonal ingredients, the most fresh as possible and following the dictates of the copious gastronomy books, French, English and Italian, which thrived during the nineteenth century. We will let us be inspired by the pioneers of the contemporary cuisine such as Carême, Dugléré and the brilliant Escoffier.
In the villa premises there is also a nice B&B.
20 beds are available in rooms
(max 4 people per room) with private bathroom, the cost is 70€ for the 2 nights of the larp. There are also several spots in a common room with a bathroom, but you have to bring your own mat and sleeping bag.
How to get there
Villa Aggazzotti is in via Castelnuovo Rangone 25, Colombaro di Formigine (MO), 41043.
Here's the gps location
of the venue.
The closest train station is in Modena, if you want to arrive by train we'll arrange a car to pick you up and take you to location.
We will book a larp bus from Bologna Airport leaving on Friday around 15:00. You'll be able to book it by a google form sent to you by e-mail.
In case your plan is to arrive earlier in Bologna and visit the amazing city, the airbus from the city centre to the airport is very convenient. It takes aproximately 15 minutes to reach the Guglielmo Marconi airport, it leaves every 11 minutes and costs just 6€.